Pages

Friday 2 May 2014

18 Years of Film and TV

18 years part two! Film and Tv that we grew up with are a vital part of our style, personality and life. The things that we watch influence us as teens, young adults and adults. I have compiled a list of the films and TV shows that have truly made my childhood. 
Films: 


Displaying photo 2.JPG
Clueless (1995),
It techinically wasn't alive, but it still counts, I'm a 90's baby Duh! Of course it's my favourite movie. The Mean Girls of the 90's. With quotes like 'As If?!' 'I'm totally buggin' 'Wasn't she a betty' and of course ' Rollin with the homies' Cher and Dionne are the best friend duo you could ever get right? Complete bettys

Mean Girls (2004)
This is the film that my whole generation quotes on a daily basis, If you don't know all the words to this film, 'You can't sit with us'. Everyone has plastics at their school, who wear pink on wednesdays and have all been personally victimised by Regina George.

High School Musical (2006)
This will be film that my kids will want to turn off. Never will I ever get over all three High School Musical films, the songs or Troy Bolton.

SClub 7 movie (2003)
Seeing Double, was about the pop group being cloned. Very bizarre but it was at the cinema where there would be posters of the film for free for you take as you walked out. Something free? I know, it was 11 years ago.

Honey (2003)
Apparently I walked out of this film and said ' I feel so inspired' according to my mother. I used to be dancer so I guess I thought I was Jessica Alba.

Step Up(2006)
Another dance film, I kind of loved them when I was younger. I thought that I would grow up to be exactly like them... obviously not.

The Devil Wears Prada (2006)
I think I have always loved fashion, so this film was like my future mapped out in front of me before I even knew I wanted to do journalism.

A Cinderella Story (2004)
Who didn't love Austin Ames? I've been a hopeless romantic from day one, the rain kiss was amazing (as much as my friends think that its cringey and digusting)

Harry Potter (2001-2001)
Displaying photo 1.JPGThe films that my children will be watching, the films that I will watch on every sunday for the rest of my life. I grew up with harry potter from 5- 15. Ten years of my life were dedicated to going to see every Harry Potter at the cinema and then asking for the dvds for christmas/ birthdays. I cried when dobby died, jumped when nagini would come on the screen and balled when the final harry potter premiere was streamed live on british tv for the nation to watch J.K Rowling say "Hogwarts will always be there to welcome you home"

Coyote Ugly (2000)
I used to watch the 'Can't Fight The Moonlight' music video and pretend that I was in it while in the shower. Coyote Ugly made Dancing on a bar get to my bucket list.

John Tucker Must Die (2006)
How can you not love this film? 1. Sophia Bush stars 2. Girl Power and 3. It's ridiculously funny!

TV

Charmed (1998 -2006)
 The first show I ever became obsessed with. It made me the tv obsessed emotional fangirl that I am today. still have the boxsets, the charmed magazines and the posters that used to adorn my walls, safe. Forever. This is the show that also made me obsessed with witches. I could sit and watch this show forever, I feel like (as cringey as this is) a piece of me and my childhood. I vividly remember watching 'there's a woogy in the house', the first episode I ever saw, at around age 8 or 9 and being completely petrified. There is just something about this show, that was a masterpiece of TV.

One Tree Hill (2003 - 2012)
Even though technically I didn't watch it till 2013, this show made me relive my childhood, all the fashion, the actors, the teen that I wanted so desperately to be. So 7 Year old me, I hope I did your dreams justice.

The Vampire Diaries(2009-)
After charmed finished airing in may of 2006 there was a hole in my heart, no show had be able to captivate me and make me cry like Charmed did that was until The Vampire Diaries. I watched 54 episodes (which were all there was in December 2011)in four days. I think its an achievement my friends tell me its unhealthy. Even though I've fallen out of love a little with it recently, I will always love it. I was hooked from the very beginning. The first three seasons were amazing.

Gossip Girl(2006-2012)
I picked up Gossip Girl season 2 episode 1 caught up on season 1 and never looked back. I am Blair Waldorf

Sabrina The Teenage Witch (1996-2003)
I vividly remember watching this up until the last episode where her and harvey ride off on a Harley. Being in the UK the episodes would air later than the US. I remember watching this after school every day.

Saved By The Bell Reruns (1989-1993)
Saved by the bell reran for years on UK Nickelodeon which was my favourite channel. I used to want to be Kelly, who didn't? and Lisa because I thought I looked a little like her. But most of all it was Zack. Zack was such a dream, such a shame he doesn't look the same anymore.

Are You Afraid The Dark(1991-2000)
This programme was on at what felt like late when I was 6, but this show scared the living daylights out of me. I'm sure that if I watched it now i would still be scared! It was not suitable for kids TV

Tianna (2001-2002)
Again another Nick programme, I can still sing the theme song if you want?

In blogs we trust
xoxo