Pages

Monday 29 September 2014

Music Favourites








I love an album release, playlist and song that you just can't get out of your head. In the past few weeks there have been some songs that have truly stuck in my head and some new albums that I've been loving. My music taste may not be to everyone's taste and i'm not into the indie music that everyone seems to be loving at the moment ( that's not to say there aren't a few songs that my friends have shown me that I think are great). I'm definitely a pop/RnB kind of girl, So these are my personal favourites that may not be to everyones taste.


1. Pixie Lott's new album: 'PIXIE LOTT'
I've been a fan of Pixie's since the start, every album for me is a winner, but this album is so soulful.
Favourite Tracks: Leaving you, Breakup Song,  Ain't got you

2. Ariana Grande's new album: 'MY EVERYTHING'
I loved the first album and this one is just as good. Ariana's voice is amazing there is no denying that.
Favourite tracks: Best Mistake (feat. Big Sean), My Everything, Problem ( feat Iggy Azalea)

3. Maroon 5's new album: 'V'
I have a slight crush on Adam Levine and the fact that he's married to Behati Prinsloo makes me love Maroon 5 a little more. However Maroon 5 had a very special place on my Holiday playlist that was burned onto a cd and played via a portable cd player, back in the day with 'This love' so I couldn't deny them a spot on my september playlist
Favourite tracks: Unkiss me, Maps, My heart is open (feat. Gwen Stefani)

4. Iggy Azalea's new track:  'BLACK WIDOW'
I love anything with a good beat, good vocals and some good crossovers between RnB and Rap. It's definitely one of the songs stuck in my head this month.

5. Ben Khan's 'DRIVE'
Featured on the new Victoria's Secret advert for the new Fearless collection, instantly I was captivated by the beat to this song.

BONUS: There are some songs that I remember from my childhood that hold a rather special place is my musical heart. The appear and reappear on my playlists from time to time. This month I have rekindled my love for No Doubt's 'DON'T SPEAK' I don't think I will ever stop loving this song. The second song is Torn but in particular it was Cassadee pope's cover that really hooked me this time around. Her acoustic cover of one of my all time favourite songs is simply amazing. Check it out below.

Check out my September playlist on spotify.