Pages

Friday 31 January 2014

Winter Essentials





With a polar vortex in the US and floods here in the UK, we can quite positively say that we are in winter. The bitter chill that has frozen us to our core has called for us to rally up our winter essentials in order to make it through. Here is a list of my winter essentials that I cannot survive winter without.

1. Good pajamas.
Displaying photo 2.JPG I usually walk around my house in shorts and a t-shirt but in the past couple of weeks I have been forced to put hoodies, long sleeves and tracksuit bottoms on to sleep through the night without waking up and feeling like i'm in antarctica. Find a hoodie that keeps you warm without making you wake up in the middle of the night feeling like you are taking a bath with a volcano and satan all at one time. A full set of pjs, local stores will have winter warmers that will keep you toasty at night and last but not least... fuzzy socks.

2. Hot Chocolate and a Hot water bottle.
Unfortunately I don't have the pleasure of having a live fire in my house, instead I like to crawl into bed or sit on the sofa with a blanket and a hot water bottle while sipping on a cup of hot chocolate. Pure bliss.


3.Moisturizer and scrubs.


Displaying photo 1.JPG
No one wants chapped lips or dry skin. The bitter chill can leave you dehydrated and looking like a chapped mess. A thick moisturizer to use at night will save you from cracking. I am currently using the Kiehl's Ultimate strength hand salve, which is perfect for ultra dry hands, the Garnier body intensive 7 days nourishing lotion for my body and my EOS lip balm in pomegranate raspberry. A good face and body scrub with remove the dead skin and flaky skin that you find you accumulate in winter. I'm loving Body shops mango body scrub which is sugar based and leaves my skin glowing and soap and glory's scrub your nose in it for my face.




4. Hat, gloves, scarf, coat.
Please do not leave your house in a leather jacket, its freezing, wrap up. A beanie hat, faux fur/wool,ear muffs headband will protect the heat from leaving your head = overall keeping you warmer. Gloves. No one wants chapped frozen hands, a leather pair will work with all outfits for a chic day or night look. Scarves are lifesavers as far as i'm concerned, keeping my neck warm= warm body. whether its an infinity scarf or a wool blend, cashmere or faux fur, you NEED a scarf. I loving Zara's wollen basics scarves right now, they double as snuggling blankets! And finally a coat, I really don't need to explain this one; whether is an oversized, puffa (or maybe not), parka, faux fur, boucle, trench or sheepskin, wear one.

5. Food.
There is a reason people put weight on in the winter, our bodies naturally crave carby, bulking foods that insulate our bodies and keep us warm. However don't be scared by the fact that our bodies need carbs, just simply switch the bad carbs for the good ones. Make sure you eat enough and eat the right stuff so that your body can do its job at insulating you and keep you  functioning.



Displaying photo 3.JPG



Keep warm and safe this winter

xoxo













Photo credit : pinterest